12826847

when we divorced ten years ago my ex and i agreed to shared

Customer Question

when we divorced ten years ago my ex and i agreed to shared care at the time my solicitor was concerned i was being bullied as iasked for so little but all i wanted was us to share the children the judge agreed the court order, howevever to years down the line i had a breakdown and the children stayed with him when i got vout of hospital i said i wanted to rent another house with the children he had by this time applied for tax credit and i think that was part of it he said oh no i am not having that and i think at the time i was very low and allowed him to be bully me again it is now eight years since i have had my three children together aand have lived in a variety of lonely flats and bedsits i have now been told that he had no legal rirht to do this and i have a charge on the house but two years ago he cashed in the endowment by fradulantly signing my name although he gave six thousand pounds i have found out that the total amount was thirty seven pounds and as we were married for ten years and i always worked part-time when i was not looking after the children i cannot beleive this can be right he has turned the children against me as they think i did not want them but i pleaded many times with him to let me get a house please tell me if i have any redress from this. thank you
What financial settlement was agreed at the time?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i did not want the house or money but after a friend badgered me i settled for 13 and a half % or twenty thousand on sale of the house when the children finished full time education however there is no money left in the house and and he is still in debt.

What did the order say about the endowment policies?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

that they should be used for paying off the mortgage

How much is the house worth now and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Claire