13262538

Hi, My estranged husband walked out 14 months ago, but is

Customer Question

My estranged husband walked out 14 months ago, but is now telling me he is laying down what time our son goes to bed. I have explained that I am quite capable of setting a bed time which I feel is reasonable for our 8 yr old son and whilst he is living under my roof it's my rules that count. He is now saying he is going to take me to court to get custody if I keep ignoring him.

Can he do this?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Your ex has no power to dictate how you care for your son when he is with you unless you are endangering the child in some way which clearly you are not.
There is no way that a court would change the residence of the child on a dispute over bedtime
Claire