UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

video upload

Customer Question

can i press charges against a person that has uploaded a video online without my consent even though i consented to the film being taped the video is of an explicit nature

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

Did you consent to it being uploaded?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No
You can bring charges.

But you can see an injunction getting them to remove it.

If granted and they refuse, they could be sent to prison for contempt of Court.

For this you would need a Solicitor to draft proceedings and present your argument in Court.

But there is nothing criminal about this - it would be a civil matter and an injunction required.

I hope this helps you.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.