UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007

RA - ml

Customer Question

Is compensation available for someone charged and refused bail for i month then found no case to answer as no evidence of wreong doing, case dragged on since July, i month in prison on remand, so much loss of earnings as self employed.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

There is no compensation at all.

I am sorry to say that is just part of the justice system.

But a person remanded in custody and acquitted is not entitled to compensation,

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.