13262538

I have been seprated for two and half years my husband wanted

Customer Question

I have been seprated for two and half years my husband wanted this, his dad died three years ago and now his step mum has died two weeks ago there is a house to sell which go to four of there children whitch is one of them to be my husband off twenty eight years do i have any claim to my husband money from his parents house
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
How far has the divorce reached and what are the matrimonial assets?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I been seperated 30 months we sold are house and i got money from the sale off our home witch we brought i did not want a seperation this is what my husband wanted , we are not legal sepated just on us doing this our self and have a new partner witch i live with now but me and my husband have not talked a divorce. my husband also has just brought a house with his money with to other peaple .

How much did you each receive from the sale of the house?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

seventy five thousand

Was that a straight 50/50 split?
Does your ex also have a private pension?
How much has he inherited?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes that was 50/50 split and he does have a private pention he pays about £68 month i have a little private pention to i pay £30 month. He will inherite about £50 thousand.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi claire r u still on line and i dont c a anser

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi clair are you on line still waiting for u to contact me

My apologies for the delay.
Since your husband did not inherit until well after you had separated you do not have any automatic claim on his inheritance I am afraid.
However within the actual divorce proceedings the financial issues can be reviewed to check that the division was fair and took account of all relevant factors - such as your unequal pensions - and the fact that he has other assets available to him will make a difference then
Claire