UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

Please can you help. Do we need a seperate Insurance on a caravan

Customer Question

Please can you help. Do we need a seperate Insurance on a caravan sitted on our property and owned by ourselves? We have public liability within our house insurance.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

Is there anything speicifc you want to insure against?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes. Did we need a seperate insurance for the caravan as our son lives in it as a home at present. Does our house insurance cover the caravan for, burglary, public liability etc comprehensive insurance in total.

As long as you notify your insurers, they accept the risk and that it is not excluded in the policy then yes you can.

In short as long as the insurers do not have an issue, then this should not be a problem

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.