12826847

my husband as been ordered to pay court cost received from

Customer Question

my husband as been ordered to pay court cost received from a private civil case which he then appealed this resulted in further costs being due we have received the bill for the orginal case but have as yet to receive the costing of the appeal. I feel there is a reason behind this delay could you tell me under what circumstances would a debtor benifit by this action.

Probably the only reason for that is that they didn't work them out properly and were granted time to do that. You would be surprised at how often instructing solicitors do that.

In any event though, there is no benefit in delay. They will not get a greater amount for the delay and if they try to claim a greater sum then it will be subject to the Court's assessment.

However, unfortunately they are entitled to their costs and that will include the appeal.

I'm very sorry but thats your position.