12826847

police came to my property at 04.19am which is occupied my

Customer Question

police came to my property at 04.19am which is occupied my my son (25yrs) and myself, they said my son had been involved in an incident and they wanted to search his bedroom, they found nothing.
I asked what it was in relation with and they said they could not comment, I asked he he was going to be locked up they said probably not, my son has never been in trouble with the police and i have not heard from him im worried can you advise
How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would like to know if the police have arrested my son for drugs offences what might be the outcomes,

I dont know what is going on they have obviously arrested him, they have searched his room and found nothing, what action can the police do if they have found him in possession, and what is my son facing

I obviously will have no way of knowing the reasons for this particular search?

Is there any reason you think it is drugs related?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

just because of the room search, and when I asked the police if this was drug related just the look from the female oficer, I informed them that part of my son work requires him to have random drug tests and he has always assured me he does not do drugs

This was just a S18 search if he was in police custody at the relevant time.

Any indictable offence can give rise to a S18 search. It may have been drug related but there really isn't much evidence to suggest that it was.

All they have to show to justify a S18 search is that they have the barest suspicion that some evidence of criminal activity will be at the relevant address.