I am currently in the middle of what potentially be a civil

Customer Question

I am currently in the middle of what potentially be a civil suit with another person.

The dispute is generated by what I think is a misunderstanding, and there is a good chance that if we were able to speak freely with each other, off the record, that all of our problems would simply be resolved.

However, I know that anything I say might be taken by the other party straight to their lawyer, and I know that if they record the conversation, then this conversation could potentially be used against me as either an intimidation tactic, or evidence in a court of law.

Is there any way we can sign a document to allow us to talk freely, off the record, with no fear that the other party will use said conversation either for intimidation, or as evidence in court?

If so, is there an existing legal document template that is worded properly to allow two parties to talk, off the record?

What do arbitrators do when they get two parties together to try to reach an out-of-court settlement - do they use a document similar to the one I have just described?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

What is the nature of the dispute?

Have proceedings been issued?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The nature of the dispute is they took IP belonging to me, and then they accused me of taking IP belonging to them in order to intimidate me.

Proceedings have not been issued, and it is extremely doubtful that they will (they have to be very careful of their public relations - their assets under management will drop like a rock if there is any uncertainty surrounding the company).

Have either of you tried mediation yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, we havn't tried mediation yet. What is the procedure?

Have proceedings yet been issued?