13262538

i am splitting up with my 7 year partner. i am 55 yeqrs old.

Customer Question

i am splitting up with my 7 year partner. i am 55 yeqrs old. we have a property in both of our mames and she looks after two foster children. she wants me to leave and find a place to rent. she also wants me to pay half the mortgage. she is also talking about getting me removed from the house with an order. is she allowed to do this and what are my rights over the property. i paid £140k as a depodit on the property 5 years ago and she has contributed nothing apart from half of the mortgage payments which are interest only payments.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage.
Please confirm that you are not married.
Did you protect your investment with a Declaration of Trust
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Claire . No declaration of trust was done. The property is worth 650k and the mortgage is 500 k.
Was any agreement made about what would happen if you separated?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, only verbally that if we split up or had to sell the property, i would recover my investment before any profit share split

No I am not married
Was anyone else aware of this verbal agreement?
Claire