12826847

I have a problem with a tenent who owes me several weeks rent

Customer Question

I have a problem with a tenent who owes me several weeks rent and he is on benefits by the council and the rent, he should pay me but he did not.
Before Christmas, I went to the council and after discussion they put the rent in my bank, but I am left with 7 weeks rent arrears and he obviously wont pay.
Another problem he is a thief, he lost his job because of it. I have locked my bedroom door now, I had almost 300 Euro and I noticed that my purse was £40 missing and my partner £20.
I asked him to leave in November he refused saying that he no where to go and he went to C.A.B. Now I want him to leave, it's not nice this situation to live in my partner and I.
What can I do
What type of contract is it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
FORJOMO1972 - very stupidly there was no contract,apart from the house.
Do you share a house with him? So he lives in the same house sharing amenities?