Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

i need to swear that items f furniture in my home are the legal

Customer Question

i need to swear that items f furniture in my home are the legal property of my son. i need to prepare an affradavit to that effect to take to the public notary. i cant download right now...sowhats the correct wording pls??sue
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my son has recently moved fro a large property to a smaller place some distance away.im storing some furniture for him untill he sorts out a larger house. in the meanwhile i can use whatever i choose. i want to swear,for various reasons, that this furniture is his,not mine. i popped in to a local solicitor earlier today ,im told things need to be worded in a certain way...

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Is this to do with bailiffs calling at your house, by any chance?

I need the background please. Who has asked you to do this?

What did the solicitors say to you? w Wn you say notary,

.do you mean Notary Public, a solicitor or a commissioner for oats? . The reason I ask is that a swear done by a Notary is between 10 times and 20 times the cost of having it done by a solicitor.

A solicitor charges 5 pounds for swearing the document, a notary charges 80 .

However you do need to take pre-drafted document in for swearing. a solicitor will usually charge about £100 for preparing the one page document . You then have to take it to another solicitor to have it sworn for just 5 pounds. we are not able to draft documents on here I am afraid because that could be construed as acting for you.

can I help further?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing to do with baliffs. -more to do with his now estranged short term girlfriend...of about 6 wks duration!!. its to be sworn at dolicitor as in fact the quote was £5. she said i obviously have to start it with I..(my Name) of ..address....swear that etc etc..then the list of what i swear to be true...and signed etc. so i wondered what the word were. i dont want u to write it or me i can do that...! but i need to get the heading correct as it were. thats all . incidentally whats the advantage if any of a public notary doing this ??

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

So,
if I give you the top and the bottom, you can put the middle in?

There
is no advantage of using the notary (apart from paying the bill will make you
feel as though you have a hole in your pocket!) unless the document is required
for some kind of overseas/international purpose

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

exactly...i just need the top and the bottom.....

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Here is one I prepared earlier!

STATUTORY DECLARATION

Re: XXXXX WHATEVER THIS IS
CONCERNING XXXXXXXXXX

I, FULL NAME of FULL ADDRESS do SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE
as follows:-

1

2

3

4

I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835.

DECLARED at

In the County of

This day of 2013

By me in the presence of:-

Solicitor / Commissioner for Oaths

Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience: PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
How's that?

Can
I help further?

Please
don't forget to positively rate my

answer service (even if it was not what you wanted to hear) and I will follow

up any further points you raise for free. If you don't rate it positively, then

the site keep your deposit and I get 0 for my time. If in ratings you feel that

you expected more or it only helped a little, please ask me for further info

before rating me negatively otherwise I don't get paid at all for my time and

answer.

The thread remains open. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that s all i needed to know thanx very much.appreciated.i rated excellent to the answer!

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Glad to help.