UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

my son rents a property that had a burst upstairs coming through

Customer Question

my son rents a property that had a burst upstairs coming through downstairs onto my sons three piece,the pluming he had done was at fault,he would not accept responsibility for it,my son dose not have contents cover,dose he have a case against the landlord
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

Only if the landlord accepts he is at fault can he claim.

The landlord does not and you would need not only to show the plumbing was faulty but that the landlord knew it was.

The whole point of contents insurance is to protect against things like this.

If you do not have it - you take the risk.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want but based on what you have said, this is the legal position.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice