UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

Dear sir / madam i was away during the xmas and new year.

Customer Question

Dear sir / madam

i was away during the xmas and new year. In my absence my son had a new years party. A load of unwanted people arrived and have done some £5000 in damage occured including breaking all my trophies which are not replaceable.

Can I take legal action against these people ?

Rex
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

Have you reported it to the police?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not yet ... should I ?

Legally yes.

This is criminal damage whether or not they were invited in.

The Police can investigate and prosecute if necessary.

It would be too costly to take civil action.

But you can certainly report this to the Police. There may be enough evidence for a prosecution against one or more of these people.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice