How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Andrews Estate Agents put a charge on my property in 2008,

Customer Question

Andrews Estate Agents put a charge on my property in 2008, which was due to me being unable to pay there fees of £3,500, I had a visit on Monday morning from 2 bailiffs out of the blue wanting to remove belongings up to £5,019 which included there fees, I had not hear anything since the court hearing in Eastbourne in 2008. Can you help me what to do? I was unemployed from February 2007 until January 2010 and I am still employed in the motor trade. Paul Tracey of 45,Battle Crescent, Hailsham, East Sussex. BN27 1EN 07767 262191
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Generally, once a claimant has a charge, they will leave it in place, although they can, if you make no further effort to repay the money, get a further order to send bailiffs round if they get fed up of waiting.

Clearly, this has been to court and you lost. You were ordered to pay money as a result of the judgement and you did not pay it.. The agent made a further application to instruct bailiffs on the basis that you were ignoring the judgement and the charge. The bailiffs will charge each time they visit .

The only way you can get rid of this is to pay the money which you owe and the bailiffs charges o or come to an agreement to pay the agent. Meanwhile, do not let the bailiffs inbecause they have no right to enter the property , regardless of what they may tell you. Close the door in their face and if they refuse to go, call the police.

. This will not go away and you need to make arrangements to repay them .

. I appreciate that this is not the answer you wanted, but there is no point in me misleading you. there is not a magic way of getting bailiffs to go away if you actually owe the money which, on these facts, you do.

Can I help further? Please bear with today because I will be off-line.

The next part is really important for me:

Please don't forget to positively rate my
answer service (even if it was not what you wanted to hear) and I will follow
up any further points you raise for free. If you don't rate it positively, then
the site keep your deposit and I get 0 for my time. If in ratings you feel that
you expected more or it only helped a little, please ask me for further info
before rating me negatively otherwise I don't get paid at all for my time and
The thread remains open. Thanks



What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice