12826847

Andrews Estate Agents put a charge on my property in 2008,

Customer Question

Andrews Estate Agents put a charge on my property in 2008, which was due to me being unable to pay there fees of £3,500, I had a visit on Monday morning from 2 bailiffs out of the blue wanting to remove belongings up to £5,019 which included there fees, I had not hear anything since the court hearing in Eastbourne in 2008. Can you help me what to do? I was unemployed from February 2007 until January 2010 and I am still employed in the motor trade. Paul Tracey of 45,Battle Crescent, Hailsham, East Sussex. BN27 1EN 07767 262191
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Generally, once a claimant has a charge, they will leave it in place, although they can, if you make no further effort to repay the money, get a further order to send bailiffs round if they get fed up of waiting.

Clearly, this has been to court and you lost. You were ordered to pay money as a result of the judgement and you did not pay it.. The agent made a further application to instruct bailiffs on the basis that you were ignoring the judgement and the charge. The bailiffs will charge each time they visit .

The only way you can get rid of this is to pay the money which you owe and the bailiffs charges o or come to an agreement to pay the agent. Meanwhile, do not let the bailiffs inbecause they have no right to enter the property , regardless of what they may tell you. Close the door in their face and if they refuse to go, call the police.

. This will not go away and you need to make arrangements to repay them .

. I appreciate that this is not the answer you wanted, but there is no point in me misleading you. there is not a magic way of getting bailiffs to go away if you actually owe the money which, on these facts, you do.

Can I help further? Please bear with today because I will be off-line.

The next part is really important for me:

Please don't forget to positively rate my
answer service (even if it was not what you wanted to hear) and I will follow
up any further points you raise for free. If you don't rate it positively, then
the site keep your deposit and I get 0 for my time. If in ratings you feel that
you expected more or it only helped a little, please ask me for further info
before rating me negatively otherwise I don't get paid at all for my time and
answer.
The thread remains open. Thanks