12826847

My name isXXXXX I am currently with The A&A Group

Customer Question

My name isXXXXX
I am currently with The A&A Group Ltd

I took out my new policy on the 6th December 2012 for my BMW 116 D M Sport and paid up front for the year of £530.11

Our circumstances have changed and with a baby on the way in June, we are now looking at a BMW 3 series estate to purchase at the end of the month. Registration no. YH59 DYC.

We have looked on 'Go Compare' and 'Compare the Market' and have found the new car to be cheaper (using exactly the same details etc) than what I have paid out for my 1 series! So, with this in mind, I approached my car insurance company and they said I would need to pay an additional £178.58 on top of what I paid out last month. They told me I would loose 40% of the amount paid in December plus £25.00 on top if I wished to cancel my policy. Can they do this?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can they legally do this? They told me I would loose 40% of the amount paid in December plus £25.00 on top if I wished to cancel my policy. Even though I am into month two of my policy.

I would like to know where I stand with them as they are being very awkward

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I am afraid this is not an
instant service because we all have clients and court and travelling and other
users and weekends. Sometimes you will get a reply in minutes. Sometimes it may
be hours.

Why don't you
simply transfer the insurance from the old car to the new car? Did you want to
cancel the old policy and take out a new cheaper policy?