12826847

Northern Ireland Master

Customer Question

in northern ireland can the master refuse to hear a contested divorce and repeatedly adjourn if there is no hope of an agreement between the plaintiff and respondent

Expert:  WendyW-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Wendy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry for delay on answer but yes I would still like an answer to confirm my beliefs.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Regards,

Wendy
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Have the full background please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Divorce case listed for hearing master decided to adjourn for almost 12 months for plaintiff and respondent to sort it out, that is agree a settlement or change grounds from unreasonable behaviour to 2 years separation.
Reluctance to change grounds as significant costs incurred as respondent has not entered into meaningful negotiations but only unfair settlements.
No fair settlement likely without courts assistance.
Master does not want to hear a contested divorce and anticipate further adjournment.
What argue net can be put forward to force the listed hearing to be heard
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
At this is not my thing. I am sorry. So I will opt out for another expert.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your time anyway

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. Have you found the answers you've needed with Claire? She can still work with you if you would like to continue on that question: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/7h81b-northern-ireland-when-unreasonable-behaviour-grounds-petition.html

Wendy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am still interested in a response. I do appreciate it may be a little thorny for most to consider giving a respond. Due deference can lead to great injustice for a client!!!

Regards,

Wendy