Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Living in current home for 8 years, had an extension added.

Customer Question

Living in current home for 8 years, had an extension added. Whilst gutting kitchen, took away the boarding surrounding the boiler to find an illegal flue, can we claim against the past homeowners, they had lived here for 25 years. Two plumbers would not touch the boiler because of this, and have condemned the boiler
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

I am afraid to say that there is no liability on the past owner whaatsoever. the first rule about buying a house is that you buy it in its existing condition and it is up to a Buyer to make all investigations/survey before buying. I apprecate that this was a hidden defect, but even so, there is no liability on the Seller.

I am sorry this is not the Answer you were looking for, but if I have answered your question, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.

Kind Regards

AL

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes i probably knew that anyway, I just thought I'd check with an expert.

Thankyou

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thankyou. As I'm in a hurry is the fee £33.00 plus a tip, or do I pay for just the tip

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. You have already accepted my Answer, so there is no need for a tip unless you really want to give me one!

Best Wishes

AL

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Has your answer cost me £33.00, if not i would like to give you a tip

Hi there,

The answer has cost you £33 so please don't worry about a tip!

All the Best

AL