12826847

If a person has been thought to be involved in a criminal

Customer Question

If a person has been thought to be involved in a criminal act, should the police question them face to face as a suspect ( under caution that the statement submitted is truthful) or are they permitted to accept a previous statement written to another party to cover up the crime prier to the police being involved? They also refused to take a written statement from the person who was attacked. Is this legal and commen practice?
Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For jomo1972

I was attacked and the police requested the folder regarding this attack from the persons place of work. they desided without questioning the indevidule or witneses that it was circumstantial .

There are authorities that force the police to consider every complaint that is made to them.
However, there is nothing that forces them to launch a full scale investigations. I'm afraid that some of the allegations that are regularly made to police are either too trivial to justify their time or not credible allegations in which case their resources could not be justified. There has to be scope for them to exercise some discretion.
In any event, it would appear here that they did investigate the matter and unfortunately did not prosecute. There is no obligation upon them to arrest a person and, in fact, there is case law that suggests that should be their last resort.
I am very sorry if thats bad news but thats your position and I have to give you truthful information.
I will be delighted to continue with this if you want to know anything else but please rate my service OK SERVICE or above.