12826847

I had a new roof fitted 3 years ago and was told if any problems

Customer Question

I had a new roof fitted 3 years ago and was told if any problems to contact the company. Now I have a major leak running thru roof into my heating boiler and the associated electrics. I have tried to get him on his landline( lady took message but no reply) and his mobile but it just rings out with no option to leave a message. Do I have any rights to a repair as I am concerned about the danger of electrics/water and newish boiler. I do not have enough money to call another roofer out
Was it guaranteed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He said it would outlive me and if any problems to ring him

OK. That isn't a formal guarantee then.

You do still have rights under the Supply of Goods and Services legislation. Under that statue you have a right to demand that any work performed is of a reasonable standard. What is reasonable is a matter of fact for the Court to decide upon but, in fairness, a roof is a fairly expensive item that a person would reasonably expect to last longer than 3 years so probably would be covered.

However, if he will not respond then your only option is to pay another to repair the fault and sue him for the cost. There is no way of forcing him to perform a repair Im afraid.

Its probably a small claims court sum though so it will at least be cheap and quick to issue. You can issue here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please remember to rate my service either OK SERVICE or above and then I will give you related information for free.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

would I be likely to win at court? can home insurance pay for repair?

I think overall you probably would.

I don't know anything about insurance I'm afraid but you can submit a claim.