13262538

Hi Our grandson has been placed on a child protectio plan.

Customer Question

Our grandson has been placed on a child protectio plan. The social services have advised us and our son to apply for an emergency residential order. our son has shared parental responsibility and our granson lives with his mum
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Why has he been placed on the plan and what further information do you need?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Our grandson lives with him mum and he has been witnessing domestic violence for a number of years. His mum also drinks and takes drugs. There have been numerous times when the police have come to her address because of violence and late night drinking and drug taking. School have raised concerns about neglect. The child protection meeting today have placed him in the categories of harm from neglect and emotional abuse. We would like our grandson to come here with us and his dad where he would be safe.

How old is the child and what is it that you would like to know
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He is 8yrs old and my we want emergency residential order. How do we do this?

He needs to make an supplication to the local County Court using a Form C100 and a Form C2 to ask for it to be dealt with as an emergency
The fee is £200
All the forms are available here
http://www.thecustodyminefield.com/CourtForms.html
and he can get help and support from Families need Fathers (www.fnf.org.uk)
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your help. We filled in forms and saw the judge. She will hear the case on Tuesday as she wants mum and social worker to attend and cafcas. Our grandson has a younger sister who has a different father and so not biologically related to our son or us. Social Services are reluctant to separate the children, which we understand. We would be happy to have both children but I am guessing we have no legal rights here?

Odd isn't it that one minute Social Services are telling you to apply and the next they do not wish to separate the children - typical I am afraid.
In fact your son can ask for permission to make an application in respect of the younger child if need be.
However the hearing this week has to concentrate on the needs of your grandchild - not what could be best for his sibling
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Social services have told us that our grandson does not meet the threshold for them to remove him yet and we are keen for it not to reach that level. Do judges often go against social services.?

In situations such as this it is certainly a very possible option
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We will know more on Tuesday morning. Will contact you again then if it doesn't go our way.

Lucia

Good luck I hope it goes well
Claire