UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

Hi I was an ex member of staff of an adult training school

Customer Question

Hi I was an ex member of staff of an adult training school in UK from Jan 2012 till July 2012. I was unfairly dismissed my position as a coordinator. I come across that the manager was misusing the public funds that was given by UK funders ie falsifications of records and that candidates for external assessment were substitutes. One day I asked him a question if one of the candidates who was not attending classes will sit exam he told me that yes but some one else will take the exam on her behalf, then I asked him is that excepted practice by the law, then he shouted and to me said will you follow my instructions and do it what I told or otherwise you will loose your job. I then from their he pressurized me do things on his way. I then felt depressed as I am a father of three young kids of age 7,5 and 3. This was the only job I had. Then on July at 10 students sat the exam who was not the real candidates. I advised him this not professional and is not gonna go far this kind of practices, then after the exam he told if say anything what happen in this center you will loose your job and I report you to the police as I am Uk business man and the police will trust me more than you.. Then the college was closed for summer holiday when I come back on September he told me that dismissed me without notice. From that time I reported him to the College and the European Funders who told him this was a serious case and they will investigate, But when I wanted to see them the guy went to my family and the community and is being time to time of that I got pressure from those people to drop the case otherwise I was losing my family unity. He went their site and he made traditional arrangements that he will pay me a private settlement of one year loss of earning on January 2013. When we got into January I asked to fulfill his promise and he said he will pay any money. Then I told him if you break you promise I will see the authority. Then he then start blackmailing me saying if I say any words he will put problem. Then I now received a letter from his lawyer saying I made defamatory comments against his client and this formal warning letter to stop my comments I believe this is to scare me to stop reporting his clients scums and falsification of students registry and exams. I want to know I have substantial and tangible evidence that committed his clients. I know want to know what rights I have as a defendant who wants to protect the public interest and my self in order to stop people like this guy taking the tax payers money and failing to deliver what he promised..

Please advise

Mohamed Omar
British National
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Are you saying anything that is not true?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ask me what info you need
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yeh
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes what everv I said is the truth.
Then as long as you are not saying things like they are a thief then you are ok.

If you are sticking to facts only, not opinion then they can not stop you.

However if they want to take proceedings they would need to issue proceedings in the high court with a jury trial.

If it went to court they would have to spend about £10k in legal costs.

Therefore do not be bullied - but make sure you are only stating facts - nothing else.

I realise that this is stressful but I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I see you have relisted this - what else do you want to know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Sir/Maddam

Hi I was an ex member of staff of an adult training school in UK from Jan 2012 till July 2012. I was unfairly dismissed my position as a contractor .My position was administrator. I come across that the manager was misusing the public funds that was given by UK funders. For example falsifications of records and that candidates for external assessment were substitutes. One day I asked him a question if one of the candidates who was not attending classes will sit exam he told me that yes but some one else will take the exam on her behalf, then I asked him is that excepted practice by the law, then he shouted and to me said will you follow my instructions and do it what I told or otherwise you will loose your job. I then from their he pressurized me do things on his way. I then felt depressed as I am a father of three young kids of age 7,5 and 3. This was the only job I had. Then on July at 10 students sat the exam who was not the real candidates. I advised him this not professional and is not gonna go far this kind of practices, then after the exam he told if say anything what happen in this center you will loose your job and I report you to the police as I am Uk business man and the police will trust me more than you.. Then the college was closed for summer holiday when I come back on September he told me that dismissed me without notice. From that time I reported him to the College and the European Funders who told him this was a serious case and they will investigate, But when I wanted to see them the guy went to my family and the community and is being time to time of that I got pressure from those people to drop the case otherwise I was losing my family unity. He went their site and he made traditional arrangements that he will pay me a private settlement of one year loss of earning on January 2013. When we got into January I asked to fulfill his promise and he said he will pay any money. Then I told him if you break you promise I will see the authority. Then he then start blackmailing me saying if I say any words he will put problem. Then I now received a letter from his lawyer saying I made defamatory comments against his client and this formal warning letter to stop my comments I believe this is to scare me to stop reporting his clients scums and falsification of students registry and exams. I want to know I have substantial and tangible evidence that committed his clients. I know want to know what rights I have as a defendant who wants to protect the public interest and my self in order to stop people like this guy taking the tax payers money and failing to deliver what he promised.. What ever I was the truth and nothing else but the truth.. I have substantial and tangible evidence for my case. Like the students who was enrolled but not attended the whole six months and sat Cambridge Esol and other people sat the exam on their behalf..

Please advise

Mohamed Omar
British National

I have already answered this for you - what else would you like to know about it?