UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

i have a spouse visa that expires on monday 21st January. on

Customer Question

i have a spouse visa that expires on monday 21st January. on the 15th January i went to a PBO and was told to get more documentation or my application will be rejected. if my application is rejected will my spouse visa be automatically be extended
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER POSITIVELY.

What visa are you applying for?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

indefinate leave to remain. i currently have a spouse visa.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

If you submit your application for indefinite leave to remain and it is refused, your spouse visa will not automatically be extended. However, through experience the ukba will not refuse your second application for indefinite leave to remain if your visa does expire.

What I suggest you do is submit your application for indefinite leave to remain and then submit further documentation regarding your application and the ukba will consider these documents as part of your application.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

do you mean my application for extension of the spouse visa will not be refused because you said my second application for indefinate leave to remain

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

What I meant to say was that if your initial application for indefinite leave to remain is refused then, if you decide to make a second application your application would not be refused on grounds of you not having leave to remain in the uk.

You may want to apply for further leave to remain as a spouse if you feel your indefinite leave to remain will be refused.

I hope this clarifies the matter if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how long does it take to get an extension to a spouse visa

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

It can take between 2-3 months.

I hope this answers your question.