Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

we recently went on holiday and rented out a villa which was

Customer Question

we recently went on holiday and rented out a villa which was advertised as a luxury villa and was meant to have a fridge freezer,cooker,mircrowave,kettle,working shower etc.. when we arrived none of the stuff worked and it was very dirty and looked nothing like the pictures we saw when we booked it,in the end we had no choice but to buy new stuff! my question is can we claim back any money from this person? we have taken pictures of everything and kept receipts, the lady lives in the uk and has a care taker which was meant to help us if we had problems. but she was not interested in any problems that we had.Also the owner who lives in the uk has taken off her advert from the wedsite she was using. but i have found her on another one called mauritiusvillas.net
Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

You can claim damages for breach of contract.

The starting point is to write to the owner with your complaints and provide evidence of your expenditures.

You can ask for reimbursement within a reasonable period of time - perhaps 14 days.

If you are not reimbursed within that time you will have to start Court action. You can make the claim online using: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk