12826847

I have a ground floor flat and there is another flat above. The

Customer Question

I have a ground floor flat and there is another flat above.
The flat above has a leak that keeps damaging my false ceiling, I have had to repair/replace my ceiling 3 times.
The water supply for the flat above comes through my flat, the landlady does not respond to my requests to repair the leak and just denies the fact that the leak is coming from her place.
I have now isolated the water to the flat above (the isolating valve is in my flat), the flat above is occupied.
This is the only way I can get a response from the landlady, but instead of repairing the leak she is threatening to call the cops and the waterboard etc
I need to find out what my rights are and what kind of compensation or legal action I can take against her?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Have you complained to the Landlord or Managing agent?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry to have taken your time, but the landlady is now promising to repair the leak.

I tried canceling the account but I cannot seem to cancel