12826847

I was interviewed in London by a British boss for a teaching

Customer Question

I was interviewed in London by a British boss for a teaching job in China. I signed a contract issued by a company in Rotterdam, Holland. The contract included salary, health insurance for the whole family, annual return flights, rent for an apartment, and visas for the whole family.

On arrival in China we found that salaries were paid late, as were rents (to the extent we were threatened with eviction on at least three occasions). We were also without the legal visa for six months and health insurance of an equal amount of time.

At this time after leaving the job six months ago they owe me one months salary and 1,500 euros that was taken as a deposit! We were paid through Rotterdam rather than China.

What action is available to me either against the company or the individual who offered me the job without informing me of the difficulties the company faced. she still works for the company recruiting staff to go to exactly the same conditions as I found myself in.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Are you a UK citizen?

What country is the agreement governed by?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Uk citizen

Contract seems to be Dutch
What does it say in jurisdiction section?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The contract states "the company is a legal entity incorporated under the laws of the Netherlands and the contract is subject to the laws of the Netherlands.
Thanks. I can advise you on UK law if that helps but not Dutch law?