12826847

Husband died August 2012, we has been seperated for 7 years

Customer Question

good afternoon my name is maggie
My Husband died August 2012, we has been seperated for 7 years but still very much still friends, he had done a will 2 years ago I am the appointed executor and absolute residuary gift to me also.
if i was to predeceased him he appointed his sister.
i do have a solicitor the property was jointy owned , his sister is contesting the will, and is asking me to make a concession in my will, where upon when i die my husband interest in the property be left to her and her children as she beleives that what her brother would have wanted .....sorry about my spelling....thank you
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

good afternoon my name is maggie

Optional Information:
System of Law: England-and-Wales
What have you tried so far?: I have my own solicitor

Assuming that you do not agree to leave her all the children anything in your will, what is she actually proposing to do?

Did you jointly owned the house with your husband as tenants in common or joint tenants? If you are not sure, do you have the land registry deeds and I can tell you how to find out?

What exactly is she contesting in the will? has this come from her or from a solicitor?

What exactly do you get in the will?

We need as much detail as possible please. Do not worry about spelling.

regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the house was jointly owned I have checked that with land registry, she would like 50% on my death, it has come from her solicitor. I got everything he owned, from the will she got nothing. she thought he should have left her somethink in his will.

if i had died she would have 50% of his estate and her children 50% share also

The house can be jointly owned in two different ways. That is what I need to know. Is it tenants in common or joint tenants? It makes the world of difference.

Do you have the land registry deeds in front of you?

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question.
For clarity are you saying that your husband left you everything in his Will anyway?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes Clairep80 he did leave me everythink....Clairep80 I was just dealing with expert touchwoodsden , does that mean I have just been switched to you?

My colleague is offline at the moment would you prefer to wait for him or shall I continue?
Claire