UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

i am a double glazing company. i have signed contract from

Customer Question

i am a double glazing company. i have signed contract from one of my customers but now the job is complete he has said he asked for something which is not on the contract. Am i within my rights to supply only what is stated in the contract even if there was a mention of it in a previous quote?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Is this a material extra?

Have you supplied as per the contract?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes it is a material extra and yes i have supplied as the contract

What I can say that in law you only have to carry out what is in the contract. Nothing more, nothing less.

Carry out the work agreed and no more.

If they end he contract then you can bill as per the termination clause or bill for work done.

But you don't need to so the extra work

I hope this helps

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi thank you for the advice you gave, i have just had a responce from my customer, who said i will have to take him to court as the advice he was given was that he was in the right. Am I right in thinking that what is written in the quote is nothing to do with what is written in the contract?

Yes thats right.