13262538

Hello, I hope you may be able to help me with a CSA query.

Customer Question

Hello, I hope you may be able to help me with a CSA query. My husband's case has been reviewed and we are now being asked to pay £160 per month, which we just cannot afford. My husband is only earning £100 per week, as I am the primary earner. We have been told that now the child tax credit is considered my husband's income and there is nothing we can do about this. Arrears have mounted as we were paying by standing order but were then told twice to cancel this as they felt we may have overpaid. The review took so long that several times I offered to set up payment, concerned about arears, but was told to wait. We can realistically afford to pay £50 per month but they say that any less than £160 and they will inform bailliffs. The Citizen's advice Bureau advised us to send a breakdown on income and outgoing with proof which I will do. Please could you let us know where we stand legally.

Yours sincerely

Catherine Price
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
How much are the arrears?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare,

The arrears are in the process of being adjusted as we have historical statements showing monies paid directly. Arrears are currently £2229.00.

Catherine

I am so very sorry but where there are arrears the CSA can deduct up to 40% of your husband's wages and it appears that that is exactly what they are doing.
This issue has already been challenged and upheld in Court
You may have a case to claim compensation for the wrong information that you were given by the CSA
You can get assistance from the website
http://www.nacsa.co.uk/page/index.html
Claire