UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I have heard that the Pet Insurance companies are under investigation

Customer Question

I have heard that the Pet Insurance companies are under investigation in connection with the amount of premiums being charged - is this correct?

Anne Wise [email protected]
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I insure my horse through Stoneways Insurance. I had to make a claim last year for Vet fees which were covered under my insurance. I have just received my renewal notice for the policy and the premium has increased by over 50% - nearly £300 more than last year. I find this hard to understand but the company is not prepared to negotiate, even given that I have been with them for around 20 years.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

I am sorry to say no.

This would be investigated by the Office of Fair Trading.

They are not currently being investigated although complaints are being recorded.

They may be investigated later - but not at this stage.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.