UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

My daughter has just been sacked during her probationery period

Customer Question

My daughter has just been sacked during her probationery period . A doctors note was sent in for a 2 week period where she was diaganosed with the nova virus AS she worked within a school environment what are her rights.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

How long has she been there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She started work in September 2012

I am sorry to say unless she has been there for 12 months then she have very little rights and cant claim unfair dismissal.

They can dismiss for pretty much any reason as long as it is not on the grounds of race, sex, colour or reigion etc.

As such if they dismiss then only need to pay notice pay and accrued holiday.

Otherwise as she has not been there 12 months her employment rights are somewhat limited.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you are after but based on what you have said, this is the legal position.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice