12826847

Hi There I had been issued a traffic ticket,by Harrow council.I

Customer Question

Hi There

I had been issued a traffic ticket,by Harrow council.I paid the ticket within 2 weeks on my credit card,1 year later my car has been clamped by baliffs and they want a payment for £800,The council wont speak to me on the phone.I never had any comunication by the council or the baliffs,I did not know I owed any money.I have spoken to my card company they want me to pay £10 for a PIR so they can send me all statements.in the meantime I have no car and this has caused me so much stress as I need to pick my daughter from nursery.

Please help me as this seems to be an administion error by harrow council,Iremember paying my Ticket,I remember this showed on my statement back last year.

Thanks in advance

Jay
[email protected]
Do you have proof of payment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have requested a statement from the card company.I will have proof,at the time i had been given a reference number,But cant find it now.But i have paid it 100% its a shame it was a year ago as i normaly keep them for 6months

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

Did you pay within 14 days of the PCN? 2 weeks is a looser term. Was it within 14 days?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

Yes i did within 14 days

Do you think i should pay the bailifs as they have clamped my car if towed i will need need to pay more ?

Forget that for now

Do the DVLA have the right address for you and the car and have they always had?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

Yes dvla have my correct details

And have you never had any correspondence about this?

If I tell you there is a way out of this for you on that basis but if you do it inaccurately there would be a serious risk of a custodial sentence, would that focus your mind?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

Yeah,whats the plan

I'm not sure whether that means you haven't or you have?

If you haven't then you need to make statutory declaration to the effect that you didn't get various documents. You will need to make an out of time stat dec explaining why you are out of time. Then an in time one.

That will wipe the fine back to the PCN stage which will mean the bailiffs fees are wiped too.

Obviously though making a false stat dec is perjury and people to to prison for that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

Honestly no one had contacted me before being clampled,

Who do I have to make a statutory declaration to?The council or baliffs

I have been told by baliffs the will tow the car tommorow.

No, forget about being contacted.

You should have got a charging certificate, a warrant of execution and possibly a letter from the bailiffs?