UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i have been arested and convicted

Customer Question

hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i have been arested and convicted of fraud on 2008,now lets talk of my first quastion is this site legal? http://www.cardreaderfactory.com/shop/

and me im under investigation for similar software and hardware since september last year when police stoped me and found at my house devices similar to the ones on the web link i provide....now secound quastion can I open a legal bussines like this in UK and how?
my product is unique is top of class and i'm developing sofware/hardware technology!!!!

What do you mean by legal ? What do you think might be wrong with it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing ca i ope company myself like this and sell this products kiiping in mind was arested for fraud???

Sorry, but I don't understand you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, can i operate(trade) as a legal business and how in uk selling micro credit card readers on the internet like that website www.cardreaderfactory.com???

What do you intend to do with them?

What is the end product to be used for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i whant to sell and make them!!!!

should i have someone do this like this guy did???

5. Product License and Usage Agreement

This is a legal agreement between you, the user, and CardReaderFactory (we, our, us). This agreement covers all hardware and software that is distributed with our products, for which there is no separate license agreement.

By opening or breaking the seal of the package, using our products, installing or downloading the software, or using our products and/or the software that has been preloaded or is embedded in our products, you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.

TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CARDREADERFACTORY OR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA TRANSFERRED TO AND FROM OUR PRODUCTS, FOR ITS USAGE, FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA OR INCOME OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES HOWSOEVER CAUSED.

You must understand that you, and not us, is responsible for all data transferred to and from our products and for their usage. We are not responsible for anything you do with our products. You must not use our products in any way that will, or is likely to breach any law. You must not use our products for any fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity.

You must not use our products to obtain any information without the owner’s knowledge or approval. You must not send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any "spam". You and your applications of our products must not cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety. You will safeguard the use and distribution of our products and make any effort to prevent illegal use from occurring.

This license is effective until terminated. It will terminate upon the conditions set forth above or if you fail to comply with any of its terms. Upon termination, you agree that the Hardware, Software and accompanying materials, and all copies thereof, will be destroyed. This agreement is governed by the laws of United Kingdom, People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong and British Virgin Islands.

Each provision of this agreement is severable. If a provision is found to be unenforceable, this finding does not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions, terms, or conditions of this agreement.

This agreement is binding on successors and assigns.

You agree and we agree to waive, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any right to a jury trial with respect to any dispute and all disputes will be resolved through binding arbitration. Because this waiver may not be effective in some jurisdictions, this waiver may not apply to you. You acknowledge that you have read this agreement, that you understand it, that you agree to be bound by its terms, and that this is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between you and us regarding the Hardware and Software.

Would it be possible to give me the information I asked for?

What do you expect them to be used for? Only, I'm afraid, it does see to me that they could be used to commit offences.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Applications

• Attendance (Student ID, Membership card, Conference, Meetings, Employees)

• Racing events

• Payment systems (Merchants, Online payments)

• Law enforcement (DMV card)

• Locking Systems (Access cards)

• Age verification system (Pubs, Clubs, etc)

that is corect but this is way i mention my previos convictions,,,,lets face it not only for fraud is them readers make reserch and see i just want to make money from my tecnology i will be not responsible what the customer dose with the readers after purchased i will not for fraudulent use and t make effort to avoid fraud.....

Well, it depends.

Certainly it is true that the manufacturer cannot be responsible for what a consumer does with his product.

However, there are things that are made solely for the purposes of the commission of offences. Those are things that do not have an innocent purpose or things that do have an innocent purpose but are not possessed by a particular person in that capacity

I haven't had vision of the case against you so I cannot say which of the two the police are saying applies here. I suspect they are saying that you were in possession of them for a dishonest reason largely because an online company registered with companies house and paying tax is in a different position to a person found on the streets with these items at home unfortunately.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So my quastion is can i sell my World's best portable magnetic stripe readers in uk under registered company now(i was just 2 weeks in the process of testing so did not know if they will work when i got arested)?

2. Possessing, making or supplying articles for use in fraud

'Articles' just means 'things'. This can include false fronts for cash machines, computer programs for generating credit card numbers, lists of bank account details and lists of potential victims for confidence fraud. It can also include any item used for the manipulation or creation of credit cards, both false and genuine.

This type of offence is charged under the Fraud Act, which allows a theoretical maximum sentence of 10 years imprisonment for making or supplying articles, and 5 years for possessing articles. Maximum sentences are rare.

For possessing articles for use in a fraud, typical sentences might range from community based penalties for a fairly basic and not very sophisticated fraud to around 12 - 18 months for more serious and better organised frauds.

For making or supplying articles for use in a fraud, typical sentences can range from 6 months for a less sophisticated operation to between two and seven years for a skilfully planned fraud.

Well, as I've said really.

It depends if there is an innocent lawful purpose.

I'm afraid I am of the view that it is going to look suspicious.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok i get it but still this guy is not www.cardreaderfactory.com whay should i back down becouse of my past and and make my tecnology avalible???

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
need to know exacly not so so.....
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

I see you have relisted this - for the avoidance of any misunderstanding - what else do you want to know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The answer is no.

If they are being used for criminal purposes and that is the intend the Office of Fair Trading can seek a Court order to stop you trading.

If their intent is for illegal purposes then you can not.

If they are simply a device for reading things like library cards and membership cards, then I assume you already have the software that goes with this?

If so, then you will not have a problem as you are providing a solution.,

But if you are simply providing a part that allows for crime, then you wont be able to.

You must be able to provide the software as well.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i'm software and hardware enginier i make this devices i made device code for creditcardreader.com(alex,trading as Bbyte LTD) in 2007 i have experince in this.....

i will provide plastic case they will not be sold OEM so hard to modify and also provide my software with password XXXXX by me to acces readers....i designe everything from scratch

As long as it can be used for illegal purposes such as reading credit or debit cards, storing those details etc for use for fraud, it will no be an issue.

Please remember to give my answer a good rating - thanks.

UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thouse are the Applicationscan be used for how can i know my customer will use in fraud????

• Racing events

• Law enforcement (DMV card)

• Locking Systems (Access cards)

You need to make sure it can not read credit cards.............

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bbyte LTD(creditcardfactory.com reads credit cards and operates in uk under

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
United Kingdom of Great Britain

Bbyte LTD

Location: Dukesbridge House, 23 Duke Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 4SA

Skype: bbyteuk

Phone: We can be reached at the phone numbers below.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

+44 772 773 54 27

10:00 - 18:30 (UK local time, UTC + 1), Monday to Friday

Local pickup: please call us at least 1 hour in advance to book an appointment.
If you prefer, write us here instead of calling.

so way can't i sell my product like him

If you keep records of people who buy it, for example ask for passport or driving licence then you might be able to sell it, as you may have a record of customers if the Police ask.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how is the person how can help me start this ??acountant,solicitor??

i will have every customer photocopy id before they buy...can they send photocopy from brasil for example and me to ship from here???

A Solicitor would need to help you.

You would need to verify and see the original otherwise it could be forged.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my device is uniquie is made by me so i will have the patents to all software and hardware used by my designe applyed for asap is verry complex algorithm to implement in the chip to read stripe data...

can you help me star this or recomand solicitor?

I can not help you with this as I can not be instructed directly.

But I would suggest Huttons Solicitors www.huttons-solicitors.co.uk

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so will i be able to sell if i ask for id and also include device in plastic case?

i intend to ask solicitor to make this for me also or how has to do the terms&conditions?

You need to check with Trading Standards to see if it is allowable.

Check before you do anything.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
so you don't know if i can open uk registered company to sell my card readers ? becouse that is way i contact you not to get pass away to anoter agency to check, could have done google serch for this,,sorry i don;t now the txt to big
You can open a UK registered company to sell card readers.

But you need to check with UK Trading Standards who regulate goods in the UK to see if your product is certified for sale in the UK.

I can answer legal questions, but not products relating to product specifications.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok . thank you , any advice that will help me get started?

I can't say as I can only give legal advice, not product advise.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok .i understand what i just close the window? to finish?

all my answers wher aswerd

You just close yes, no need to reply.

Please remember to give my answer a final rating if you can.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tx

Welcome