Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

If I file a form N1, how much of this forms content goes into

Customer Question

If I file a form N1, how much of this form's content goes into the public domain?

And, if I file any attached documents to support the claim, do any of these documents go into the public domain?
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 4 years ago.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

Practice Direction 4A.2 to the Civil Procedure Rules (available here: http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_part05a#IDASOV1) makes it clear that non-parties to proceedings may obtain copies of the Claim Form, but NOT documents attached to it, without the permission of a Judge. So, anybody can get the actual claim form, but not any particulars of claim attached to it or supporting documents etc. without the Court's permission.

Max Lowry :

I hope this answers your question. If you need further information, just let me know. Please remember to rate my answer as highly as you can.

Customer:

In what situations would the court give permission to obtain the supporting documents?