Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

na:mn

Customer Question

the other motorist said it was o.k. Itherefore went ahead and had my
vehicle repaired and paid the bill. I sent a copy of the paid invoice to
the other motorist .,but to date have not received the chque promised.
Can you please advise what ishould do now.
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 4 years ago.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

If the other motorist has already agreed to the repairs, and effectively conceded liability, then you should have a pretty straight-forward task of issuing court proceedings to recover this money from him/her. You can issue court proceedings online, in the small claims system (for less than £5k), at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Max Lowry :

This is the cheapest and fastest way of doing it to recover money you're owed.

Max Lowry :

However, it's always sensible and reasonable to write to him insisting that he pay first, before issuing Court proceedings and incurring further costs and starting a formal process.

Max Lowry :

Hello!

Max Lowry :

I hope this answers your question. If you need further information, just let me know. Please do remember to rate my answer as highly as you can.

JACUSTOMER-f9b9dyd6- :

for max

Max Lowry :

hi

Max Lowry :