12826847

About 10-12 years ago, I had some major renovations done to

Customer Question

About 10-12 years ago, I had some major renovations done to my detached house. After this the Council provided a white line as I have 24/7 access to the side drive as well as my main drive.
This immediately triggered off anangry response by 3 immediate neighbours, who started congregating in a threatening manner outside my house. Eventually,one of the men deliberately drove his car at me. He eventually got a warning from the police, followed by a solicitors letter.
One of the original men moved (blaming me of course), another apologised and the 3rd man's wife and daughter have continued with their bullying behaviour.
This is where it gets difficult to get the police to take any complaint seriously. I should add that as I understand the function of the white line, it is a courtesy line indicating to try not to park accross it. It has worked very well for me, and of course people do park across it, usually tradesmen. I don't have problem with this.
I no longer feel able to go out in the day as if they are around. As I was getting into my car in the early evening last week when somebody screamed at me "you bitch". It was dark at the time, and I made a wrong assumtion that it was another neighbour next door to the abusing family who are also abusive.
I rang the police. I can go on as there have been countless episodes of harassment. So far I have had precious little help, even when I have reported things like dog filth on my drive x3.
I had a recent visit from a police sergeant. He very politely told me in effect not to contact them again about these roblems as I never have any proof so they cannot help. He inferred that my "perception" is wrong, and didn't seem to understand the emotional impact that this prolonged chronic abuse is having on me. I am a rational and intelligent woman at the end of my tether.I am no longer young and am my health is not good.
What can I do to stop the chronic 12 years of bullying?
Christina Michael
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Do you have any proof of these incidents?