12826847

I have civil claim matter for a local driving school

Customer Question

Hi i have civil claim matter for a local driving school business with an ex client to resolve.
However he is using odd methods to strength his case and claims that i have missed 2 court appointments.
I would like to know that how should i be aware that i have to attend a court hearing if no one has provided me with any details of when i should attend and not received any correspondence of the court the date and legal party acting for him is only informing me through my email is this legal or client making fake diy threats please help?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.
If he issued a claim against you should have been served by the court at your address or last known address with a claim form.
Do you know which court the matter is with?
AJ
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can rate your answer to 1 star.

If you could advice further about a precourt settlement would be the first step or for the defending part to receive additional information about what the claimant is actually sue the business for.