Can Stagecoach Bus Company demand money they claim as a Training

Customer Question

Can Stagecoach Bus Company demand money they claim as a 'Training Bond' two years after employment terminated?.
Contract was signed under duress, no signature, no job. Getting demanding letters for their 'Solicitors', not recorded delivery, 2nd class franked post. Latest letter demands payment in 3 days or court action taken against me. I was with Stagecoach for a total of 6 weeks including training, I left due to the job I got was different from the job I accepted in the interview, and found another job that suited my needs. All came to light 'AFTER' I passed my test.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

How much is the training bond?

Does it say it say the bond is payable regardless of whether you took a job or not?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there, sorry, but I requested a refund as I got an answer from Co-Op...sort of, but I'll try send this anyway just incase and pay my dues. The training bond was initially £1500. The sum they are demanding from me is £1283.20. I do not have a copy of the training bond, but I remember signing it and outloud asking what happens of I don;t sign it, to get the response 'no job'. I cannot remember the exact wording of the little bit of paper I signed, but it was along the lines of 'If you leave stagecoach within 2 years you'll be liable to pay back sums due. £50 a week will be deducted from wages to decrease amount owed'. I cannot remember if the document stated it had to be paid wether job was taken or not.

I've got a draft copy of a letter to send to their solicitors who are demanding money asking for original documents with date and my signature that relates to my employment with Stagecoach to substantiate the claim.

They took my last week of work wage and took it off the £1500 leaving the remaining £1283.20.

Hello, my name is Ben - i am solicitor here. I see my colleague has opted out, perhaps because you mentioned you have requested a refund. Could you please let me know if you still need any advice from us on your initial query? If so we can resolve any payment issues with our customer services department. Thank you