13262538

Im involved in a divorce which is over but as part of the

Customer Question

I'm involved in a divorce which is over but as part of the financiual settlement my ex wife and I are cashing in some pension bonds and her solicitor asked the company to send both cheques to her. I think this is unprofessional (along with other behaviour I have complained about to her practice) and would like to report her professionally. Is this worthwhile?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
What is your concern about her asking this - who is due to have the funds?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the funds are to be shared equally

Do you have any reason to think they will not send you the money?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no but I don't see why they asked to do this and I dont trust either the solicitor or my ex wife.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the funds are to be shared equally
no, but dont see why they asked to do it and dont trust6 either of them

Are there any other financial issues to resolve?
Costs to pay?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She's to get 40% of my occupational pension but I've paid for doing that and I have no other things to pay except next month's payment but that's in hand. Paid £1000 for decree nisi recently.

Has the request for the monies already been made?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes and both companies are ABOUT TO PAY US but my concern is whether I have grounds for complaint and if so to whom?

Just to check - you didn't have a solicitor?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no but I'm abouit to receive the solicitor's mantra which is Get yourself a solicitor!!! Bye bye for adding to my professional mistrust of all the ones I've had to deal with ,

No not at all - there is no reason to use a solicitor if you are able to deal with matters yourself - and there is no reason why you should not be able to to do so.
Unfortunately unless they do not send you the money they haven't done anything for which they are likely to reprimanded - although I cannot see any reason why they could not have requested a split payment - unless of course the company cashing the money refuse to do this.
So whilst you can complain sadly I do not think any action will be taken
Claire