13262538

My sons wife is playing mind games. They separated last year

Customer Question

My sons wife is playing mind games. They separated last year he wants to go for a quick divorce. Could he loose visiting rights.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
How old is the child/children and what contact does he have at the moment
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
4years old fortnightly when suits
Why has he not insisted on a set pattern?
claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He is fighting leukaemia and his treatment makes him ill she also has had affairs
Would he be able to commit to a set pattern of contact (perhaps with family support?)
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is full family support and friends
The law says that s child is entitled to regular personal contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
There is no reason why such contact should not be on a set pattern - and every reason why it should be.
This is the case no matter what the position with regard to the divorce and any financial issues.
Your son should try and discuss matters with his ex using Family Mediation - but if that fails he can apply to the court for an enforceable defined contact order
Claire