joannem1965, Advocate
Experience:  I am a solicitor

ive been asked to do a crb check for work (measured building

Customer Question

ive been asked to do a crb check for work (measured building surveyor) as we recently have been getting alot of work at schools, ive have 3 cautions, one when i was 17 for going equiped, one for small amout of drugs when i was 20, and an affray when i was 26, ive been employed by the company for 13 years and now at the age of 30 im quite fearfull of the response from my employer most likly being fired, shoud i preemt them and quit
Are you being basic or enhanced checked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im not sure, its been handed back to empoyer, i have ticked the yes box that asked if i have recived a conviction/caution/warning etc all i knw is the form says crb and is pink form, my office manager thinks its a standard check as were not actualy working with children just surveing buildings there in, but as shes not the one whos enitated the check im not to sure

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not sure possibly basic its a pink form

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

How long have you been there?

And to confirm you are an employee or self employed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

13 years amd im an employed

And does your employer have a policy on such convictions etc?
Expert:  joannem1965 replied 3 years ago.

Hi there just because you've got cautions and your employer's asking you to do a CRB check doesn't mean you'll be dismissed so I'd suggest you hold off any resignation. There are some factors that'll be taken into account when deciding if a dismissal will be fair. For example, do the cautions affect your ability to do your job, were you supposed to disclose these when you started work or during your time there but didn't, and so on. These are cautions you have - they're spent immediately once issued, they're not formal convictions. Also they aren't for child or sexual offences so they shouldn't affect you working in schools. I wouldn't say this will end up in you getting the sack so you shouldn't be resigning either. Good luck