UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I got fired for misconduct but given the right to appeal within

Customer Question

I got fired for misconduct but given the right to appeal within 5 days . I appealed within one day on the 16/01/2013 but heard nothing back, I sent a recorded delivery Letter on Monday 28/01/2103. I received my final salary on 28/01/2103 does this not look that ishas already been made final without my appeal being considered. What is the law on this.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Have they confirmed receipt of the appeal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No that is why I sent another copy on Monday by recorded delivery that has now been tracked and delivered.

It is quite normal that you are paid up until the date you are dismissed.

Just because you have been paid your final wage at this stage does not mean they have rejected your appeal.

Your appeal will be heard in due course.

But you do not need to worry - the fact you have been paid does not mean anything.

Normally you do not get paid between dismissal and appeal.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What happens if I dont hear from them it is me against a large company . How does an appeal normally work

An appeal depends when it will be heard. It could be a few months.

But that does not stop you pursuing any Tribunal claim.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Should they acknowledge my appeal by law. I dont have much money so may need more help for a tribunal is this something you can help with.

They should acknowledge it as per their policy on such matters.

You have a limited time to make an Tribunal claim.

So you are better off lodging it now for unfair dismissal and it can be suspended, pending appeal.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I start a Tribunal claim do i need a lawyer

No you can contact your Tribunal office and lodge a claim.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where do I find a Tribunal office and how much would I have to pay to do this

You dont pay to start your claim.

If you Google search your area or call your local Court and ask.

If you have home or motor insurance with legal protection this may cover you for any costs.

UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
Expert:  joannem1965 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there you'll have the option of going for an unfair dismissal claim but you weren't told that you're only able to do that if you've got the necessary length of service which has to be at least 1 year. if you've been working there less than that you can't make the claim