UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I wrote my father name as a car owner but v5 my name s as

Customer Question

i wrote my father name as a car owner but v5 my name s as the car owner?
i had an accident what happen now?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.
Why is there the difference - to try and get cheaper insurance?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i had an accident and as my car was write off,i saw that the insurance policy my father was the owner and register of the car but real it was on my name.we both live in same address and my father is the main driver and i am the additional driver.i had accident and now i am worried that the name in the policy is my dad and i am the owner of the car and number plate too?

can you please let me know what i can do for it

Why is there the difference between the V5 and what you named?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes my father forgotten to put his name on v5 and now i had accident

what happen now?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

now what i can do to have my claim pass with out any trouble

Whose name is ***** ***** in?
When they asked who was the owner, who was declared?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my dad name is ***** ***** insurance policy

when they ask for v5 and that time i saw that my name in the v5 and i told that i gifted the car to my dad but my dad was busy to put the name in v5

let me give whole details

i bought car in 2010 and i paid for the car so i put my name on it but every time we buy the insurance i put my dad name as the owner as i told my dad i am payng but i am giving u gift but last month i had an accident and now i am injured and i got the courtesy car and i saw that the owner name is ***** ***** in policy my dad is the owner?

can you please tell me what i do to get out of this please?

It is possible they will void any claim.
This is because when your dad insures the car they ask who the owner is - I assume he said he was rather than you.
Therefore you need to see what they do.
If they refuse to pay out because the details are wrong then you can make a formal corporate complaint.
They will then look into it and report back to you.
If that goes against you, you can go to the Ombudsman,.
They are free, independent and can investigate your complaint.
They can be found at:
www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
If the Ombudsman finds against you then that is the end of the matter.
If the Ombudsman finds for you, then the insurance company will pay out.
But these are the steps you should take if they refuse to pay.
I hope this helps.
Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.
Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is their any other way to make them aware that i had make mistake while taking the insuranece and i forgotten to write my name instead of my dad

You could notify them now which shows willing - but of course this may alert them to the fact they could reject the claim.............
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so whhat you can say i should do at this time?

i should call the insurance company or any other thing i can do to get out of this

can u please help me out of this

I can not tell you what to do.
It is a matter for you.
If it were me I would call the insurance people and explain.
But you risk them voiding your claim.
But it is a matter for you - but that is what I would do.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so u think i should call them and say that i had made a mistake of putting my dad name instead of my ?

and if they say when u get the document why u didint inform that time what i say them?

what i do please i am just stuck in the middle

my dad s saying if we wait for the insurance reply then we tell them that we thought we wrote my son name and now we see that my name is ***** ***** policy as owner of the car?

we say that in the policy it says that a person who pay for the premium is the proposer owner of the car,thats correct as i pay for the insurance and not my dad

this will make some thing

if i say in the policy it says the owner of the car is the policy holder or proposer

if this it says means what?/

sorry but i need the solution thats why i am asking u again and again