How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Stuart J Your Own Question

Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 22618
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

Hi, I fell behind on a loan payment 15 months ago and the bank

Customer Question

Hi, I fell behind on a loan payment 15 months ago and the bank say I filled in a courts claim form then (I dont remember). I brought the account up to date and continued paying the loan. I fell behind again though but can now pay off my arrears however the bank said that it has now sent the claims form to the court for a ccj. My question is surely they cannot use the forms I completed 15 months ago and I should have been issued new forms at least?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
How much in arrears are you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was on a payment plan and fell into 3 months of arrears. As I explained to the bank I can now pay these off and recommence payments. I'm just confused how they can use a claim form for a claim from 15 months ago, I have repaid over 2000 pounds since then.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Have you made the repayment and is the account up to date?

If you had arrears from 15 months ago,. I am wondering why you would have filled the claim form in.

There seems to be something wrong with the fact is here. Can you please clarify?

Were any legal proceedings issued 15 months ago?

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is where my memory isn't helping. I filled out an income and expenditure form stating my ability to pay 200 a month. I do not remember filling out a court claim form around that time, however the bank are telling me I did. I had no court requests then, nor rulings judgements or correspondence from the court. My assumption is that whatever proceedings the bank may have begun (if they actually did) they ceased.

Let's say I did complete the claims form then but proceedings were ceased, after 15 months I would assume they need to start a new claim. The outstanding debt has changed, my circumstances have changed.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Your memory isn't helping and I am afraid that I simply do not have enough facts. You would not fill the claim form out, they would fill the form out and you would only get it when it came from the court.

I am afraid I haven't got a clue what they are saying you filled in and I haven't got a clue what they are going to court for if the account is up to date.

Ask them, in writing for a copy of the form

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice