13262538

My pregnant girlfriend has left me 10 days before our child

Customer Question

My pregnant girlfriend has left me 10 days before our child is due. She has gone to live with her parents both of witch have MS. We broke up as she claims she no longer wants the child. She eats very little and although she is nearly 39 weeks pregnant is only measuring to the size of a baby at 31 weeks when we went to the midwife on Tuesday. She is going for a scan today and taking her mother. I am worried about her mental health and she wont let me go with her in case i say any thing , her mother says i should leave her alone and that there is nothing wrong . i worry that she will have the child and not tell me untill after he is born , i wanted to be at the birth i also worry that she will not go for this scan and that our childs life is at risk
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can i ask to be informed by hospital when she goes into labour do i have any writes to be at the birth am i allowed to know results of the scan she has gone to today

I am afraid that you have no rights whatsoever until after the baby is born.
You cannot insist on being at the birth and you cannot insist on attending any scans.
If you have concerns you can inform Social Services but you will not ahve any right to any further information until the child is born
Claire