12826847

I insured my cat against death by accident, loss or straying

Customer Question

I insured my cat against death by accident, loss or straying and paid the insurance company £16.28 per month to cover this and vet bills. I continued to pay this for 7 years and did not claim once. This was until my cat strayed and was found dead several days later. I then claimed the £400 that I paid for him sending the company the relevant documents and receipt for sale of the cat. They first told me that I was not covered for this loss (I looked at my policy and found that I was) My vet has told me that they have rung them twice questioning why the name was changed from the kennel club name to the name that I called him as a domestic pet. They then rang me to ask me to ring the breeder as they wanted to check that I had paid £400 for him despite giving them the original receipt. I looked on the net and the breeder has not advertised for over two years so I could not contact her. Why should I do their work for them and why do they have to check the cost when I have provided them with a receipt. I have paid them well over the cost of the cat over the years and I am disgusted that they are trying everything in the book not to pay me for my claim. With thanks Jill
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have not received your advise that I have paid for

You havent actually asked a question. What would you like to know?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did ask a question. I insured my cat against death vet bills etc paying Direct line over £16 per month for over 7 years without claiming. He recently strayed and was found dead. Firstly they told me I was not insured for this and looking at my insurance details I found that I was. They then rang the vet twice asking why his kennel club name was not the same as I called him as a domestic pet and then they are saying the the original receipt I gave them for £400 was not valid and they asked me to contact the breeder on their behalf. The breeder no longer works and I feel that they are doing everything in the book to avoid paying me.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That is it I am fed up with being messed around

You havent asked a question. You have simply given some facts.

What do you actually want to know?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Look I have paid you £33 and you have not responded to my question. What sort of service is this. Get your act together

You have paid the site. I have been paid nothing.

Good luck. Opting out for another expert.

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.
I see the other expert has opted out.
To confirm - you are certain you are insured for this?