Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

Hi, about 8 years ago my parents put part of their house into

Customer Question

Hi, about 8 years ago my parents put part of their house into trust for my self and sister. There was something in it that transferred the bulk of it to their partner should one die, mam died 3 years ago. When she died we had problems with her will and probate as the legal person dealing with it was not qualified to do the work and has since been investigated by the police. Apparently he is still practicing and most people he dealt with were happy with his work. However we need to question if the other work he did for us was correct and that my parents house is in indeed in trust. We are unsure how to find out if the work he did was legal or will protect us as we thought, Please can you advise?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Do you have the land registry title deeds? If not, you can get them here, online, for just 3 pounds https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/www/wps/portal/!ut/p/b1/04_SjzS0tDQwMTIxMjLXj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOKNjSxMDA1NjDwsjM3MDTxN3dyNDUNMjQ1MjPWDU_P0c6McFQH3SLFU/

once you have those, you will know who the proprietor of the property is and whether there is any or the deed of trust registered.

Are you aware that there is any or the trust document anywhere because the trust may not necessarily be registered ?

Can I have as much detail as you have please?

Please bear with me over the weekend
because I will be online and off-line doing "weekend things."