12826847

has anyone disputed their council tax bill,and have they taken

Customer Question

has anyone disputed their council tax bill,and have they taken them to court and won
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what do you mean

If you could explain your situation a little more?

The answer to your direct question is that, of course, there is at least one person in the UK who has won at the valuation tribunal but probably thats not what you are asking about.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have visited the council tax office to question the billing account and i am not happy with the answers they gave

Yes, so what is your question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for jom1972 hi as a rough guide i have had a accident so bare with me if i do not explain correct.i have a few propertys that are on rent.but i am paying council tax for two,i have been paying them on the same day but one is ok but the other has been to court and been passed to baliffs.i went to thier office for a explantion and said i was late plus i also asked about any discount because one is empty getting repaired and the other i stay from time to time until i can rent it but came away not understanding properly

OK.

I understand the facts.

What did you want to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for jomo1972 are they correct in the way they have acted.do i have a case or do i need to go back to their office and speak to another advicer. i do not agree with the way they have explained or is it that they have thier own law

On the face of it, it would seem that they are right.

You do not seem to deny that you are late with council tax. If you are late then they are entitled to get a liability order and pass it to bailiffs.

The problem here are really is not that you do not have a challenge but that you did not bring it.

There is a hierarchy of liable persons with council tax and an investment landlord is not generally the 1st unless of course the property is empty. You seem to be saying that it is empty and so you are liable.

You could indeed have asked them to reduce the payments because the property is empty but you do not seem to have done so in which case you are liable. You can ask them to reconsider and sometimes they will but really the time to do that was before they got a liability order rather than after.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.