12826847

I have been married two and a half years. I live in my husbands

Customer Question

I have been married two and a half years. I live in my husbands house and we have never slept together. His two daughters hate me and they did not attend the wedding. My husband goes away every two months to see them , but he never tells me what he doing nor is he allowed to phone me while he is away. He left me a tin of paint and 4 brushes to get on with the paintwork in the house. he goes out most evenings without me to rotary concerts and anything he is invited to go to. He is a very interlectual man and has told me that I can leave him if I want to .I have been his companion and friend when his wife died and now I am just the housekeeper .I can't go on this way but what do I do now. Ihave a 13 year old son to take care of and my husband says that if I go I won't get anything from him. I am trapped arn't I ?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question
How long have you actually lived with him?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How much do you each earn?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have lived with him two and a half years since we married but he used to come over to my place very often -nearly every night for at least 4 years. the house is worth 650 000 no mortgage. and I earn only what I get from him each month as I used to be house keeper but now a married housekeeper .

Where were you living before you moved into his property?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My property - now my mum lives in it. It was my way of paying her back for all that she has done for me in my life. When my beautiful dad died everything was gone and all I could do was to take care for her for the rest of her days. She could go back to her own home but its so far away and I"m completely stuck with this terrible situation .I don't want to send her back to her old home. I want her to stay by me where I can keep an eye out for her in her old age .She is nearly 82 .

How much is your property worth and what other assets do you have?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

200.000 with no other assets

How much would you need to buy a larger house for yourself your son and your mother?
Claire