12826847

I am experiencing some issues with my daughters independent

Customer Question

I am experiencing some issues with my daughters independent school.

She was withdrawn from the school during the summer holidays last year. And her name was removed from the register, after numerous meetings with the headmistress after september last year, the decision was made that my daughter could re-enroll at any time providing the school fee is paid (£19,480) The school requires the fee to be paid before she returns.

As my daughter is effectively withdrawn from the school, we would like to re-enroll her during february/march - however the school still want to charge us the FULL years school fee. When we should only be charged a pro rata fee - which is what we did when my daughter initially joined the school in january 2010.

Am I correct in thinking that once a child has been withdrawn from school, the contract we signed at the beginning is now void?

We also found out that another student would only be charged a pro rata fee if they joined at the same time as my daughter.

Is there anything I can do? As we feel the school are being unjust with making us pay the full years school fee.

Have you actually withdrawn her?\

Have you told the school?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, the headmistress made the decision. However she wasn't expelled or suspended or anything like they.
Sorry, a colleague has pointed out that you've been displeased with several other answers and I cannot do better

I will opt out for others.